University School of Polytechnic
Diploma courses focus on developing skills and practical experience rather than theoretical knowledge. Upon completion, students will be packed with skills that typically qualifies them to get for jobs in their desired field. Polytechnic is one such initiative which bridges the gap between the industry and the youth by developing steady pool of trained manpower.
Some of the highlights of our unique programs are:
- Courses are Industry based learning programs.
- 60% Credits for OJT (On the Job Training) and 40% credits for Academic component (General Study)
- Learn and Earn Program
- It’s an industry-sponsored program.
- Academic Fee is paid by the industry.
- Stipend is paid to the candidate for OJT.
The idea behind this concept is to provide a platform for students with employable skills, to gain first-hand experience while they are still pursuing their technical education (Certificate or Diploma). In this model, along with the theory classes the students undergo extensive practical sessions, as part of the on-the-job training at our partner industries.
Completing a polytechnic course provides you with a formal qualification. This may give you access to more career opportunities, and it may qualify you to pursue a variety of intermediate level jobs or jobs available with the government.
Earning a diploma from a polytechnic course allows you to learn about a specific career area. So, in the final year we give students a multiple way exit pathway according to their area of Interest.
- Hi-End Labs with the latest machinery.
- Very good interface with industries, research, and educational institutes.
- Well-trained, research-oriented, experienced, dedicated, and energetic teaching faculty (70% has industry Experience)
- Supportive non-teaching and laboratory staff
- Excellent and well-maintained infrastructure in form of new building
- Good teaching and learning environment supported by prolific library
- Smart Classrooms and well-equipped laboratories
- Impressive and excellent result at University Examinations
- Simple and Transparent Admission procedure
- Faculty with major and minor research projects
- Excellent Student-Teacher rapport with emphasis on mentoring and counseling
- College has excellent extra-curricular activities, sports culture, well-organized extension, community service programs and outreach activities by students and faculty
- Very good interface with industries, research and educational institutes.
Programs Under CoE Framework
|Computer Science &Engineering.||3 Years||10th pass(Maths & Science)|
|Electrical Engineering||3 Years||10th pass(Maths & Science)|
|Mechanical Engineering||3 Years||10th pass(Maths & Science)|
|Civil Engineering||3 Years||10th pass(Maths & Science)|
|Boiler Engineering||3 Years||ITI Fitter/ Welder|
|Computer Science &Engineering||2 Years||10+2 (Vocational/Non-Medical)/ITI|
|Electrical Engineering||2 Years||10+2 (Vocational/Non-Medical)/ITI|
|Mechanical Engineering||2 Years||10+2 (Vocational/Non-Medical)/ITI|
|L&E (Electrical Engineering)||3 Years||10th pass(Maths & Science)|
|L&E (Mechanical Engineering)||3 Years||10th pass(Maths & Science)|
|L&E (Electrical Engineering)||2 Years||10+2 (Vocational/Non Medical)/ITI|
|L&E (Mechanical Engineering)||2 Years||10+2 (Vocational/Non-Medical)/ITI|
|Diploma for working Professionals Electrical Engineering||3 Years||10th pass(Maths & Science)|
|Diploma for working Professionals Mechanical Engineering||3 Years||10th pass(Maths & Science)|
|Diploma for working Professionals Electrical Engineering||2 Years||10+2 (Vocational/Non-Medical)/ITI|
|Diploma for working Professionals Mechanical Engineering||2 Years||10+2 (Vocational/Non-Medical)/ITI|
Programs Under CoST Framework
|Boiler Industry||Boiler Safety Technician||2 Years||Passed 10th Class examination|
|Boiler Industry||Boiler Maintenance Technician||2 Years||Passed 10th Class examination|
|Electric Vehicle||EV Mobility – Assembly Technician||2 Years||Passed 10th Class examination or its equivalent|
|Electric Vehicle||EV Mobility – Quality Assurance Technician||2 Years||Passed 10th Class examination or its equivalent|
Programs Under CoVT Framework
|Automotive||Automotive Welding Machine Operator (Manual and Robotics)||6 Months||Passed 10th Class examination/DITI/Diploma|
|Automotive||Electric Vehicle Service technician||6 Months||Passed 10th Class examination/DITI/Diploma|
|Capital Goods Skill Council||CNC Operator – Turning||2 Years||Passed 10th Class examination/DITI/Diploma|
|Green Jobs||Solar PV Installer -Electrical||2 Years||Passed 10th Class examination/DITI/Diploma|
Do you have more questions?
LTSU Ropar, 5 kms from Ropar on Chandigarh -Jalandhar Highway
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.