FAQs – University School of Polytechnic
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is approved and globally recognized. Lamrin Tech Skills University Punjab (LTSU) is established by the Govt. of Punjab under Punjab state Act No.22 of 2021 and is recognised by UGC New Delhi under UGC act 1956.
LTSU CAMPUS is situated in the foot hills of Shivalik hills and adjoining river Sutlej. It is just at a distance of 5kms from Ropar on Chandigarh – Jalandhar Highway (NH 344A) in district S.B.S. Nagar, Punjab, India Pin: 144533.
The University is governed by the eminent professional from academia and corporate world. The Governing Body is headed by the Chancellor who is a dynamic leader, great visionary and an Eminent Professional. At present he is an Adviser to the Govt. of India & also to Govt. of Punjab, Skill Development & Technical Education.
Other Members of the Governing Body are as follow:
- Vice-Chancellor – Member
- Director ICE, IBM India Pvt. Ltd. – Member
- AVP – India and Asia South Pacific, ANSYS Software Pvt. Ltd. – Member
- India President, Tata Technologies Ltd. – Member
- Director Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar. – Member
- UK based NRI & President of RERT. – Member
- Executive Director, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bathinda. – Member
- Senior Associate Dean & Professor of Practice, Indian School of Business. – Member
- Executive Director, Munjal Institute for Global Manufacturing & Punj-Lloyd Institute & Infrastructure Management ISB. – Member
- Principal Secretary Higher Education Govt. of Punjab, Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Punjab – Ex-Officio-Member.
- Registrar- Member Secretary.
There are two types of diploma courses one can pursue under LTSU:
- After completing 10th ( Duration will be 3 years)
- After 12th (Non-medical, vocational/ ITI ( Duration will be 2 years)
A student needs to carry all the essential documents in original including mark sheets, Aadhar card, passport size photographs, Residence certificate, Caste certificate etc.
Those who are brilliant in academics but don’t have the required means, LTSU will offer merit scholarships to them. Beside this other scholarships are also availabe such as: Sports quota, Sibling scholarship, parents less, father less etc.
Yes, LTSU do have hostel facility.
In-house training, Industrial Training, Corporate-site visits, internships and guest sessions by industry experts will be given to the students which will help them to apply their theoretical skills that they have learnt in lectures.
Rs. 20,000 per semester for Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering.
Rs. 60,000 per semester for Boiler Engineering.
LTSU has unique diploma courses, students will be taught core and fundamental subjects in first four semesters, in 5th semester students will have on the job training (OJT) and in last semester , students will deployed in industries.
The placement team facilitates the students throughout the year with different activities. Students are exposed to industry oriented as well as personality development workshops to enhance their skills according to the industry.
LTSU Ropar, 5 kms from Ropar on Chandigarh -Jalandhar Highway
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.