FAQs – Electrical Engineering
Frequently Asked Questions
B.Tech. EE offered @Lamrin TechSkills University Ropar, Punjab.
Yes, it is approved and globally recognized. Lamrin Tech Skills University (LTSU) is established by the Govt. of Punjab under Punjab state Act No.22 of 2021 and its name is included in List of University under section 2(f) of the UGC act 1956. https://www.ugc.ac.in/privatuniversity.aspx
LTSU CAMPUS is situated in the foot hills of Shivalik hills and adjoining river Satluj. It is just at a distance of 5kms from Ropar on Chandigarh -Jalandhar Highway (NH 344A) in district S.B.S. Nagar, Punjab, India Pin: 144533.
The University is governed by the eminent professional from academia and corporate world. The Governing Body is headed by the Chancellor who is a dynamic leader, great visionary and an Eminent Professional. At present he is an Adviser to the Govt. of India & also to Govt. of Punjab, Skill Development & Technical Education.
Other Members of the Governing Body are as follow:
- Vice-Chancellor – Member
- Director ICE, IBM India Pvt. Ltd. – Member
- AVP – India and Asia South Pacific, ANSYS Software Pvt. Ltd. – Member
- India President, Tata Technologies Ltd. – Member
- Director Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar. – Member
- UK based NRI & President of RERT. – Member
- Executive Director, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bathinda. – Member
- Senior Associate Dean & Professor of Practice, Indian School of Business. – Member
- Executive Director, Munjal Institute for Global Manufacturing & Punj-Lloyd Institute & Infrastructure Management ISB. – Member
- Principal Secretary Higher Education Govt. of Punjab, Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Punjab – Ex-Officio-Member.
- Registrar- Member Secretary.
- Tech Electrical Engineering course basically deals with the power used for lighting, heating, cooling, refrigeration and operating home appliances, control system, electronics, and signal processing.
- Electrical Engineering is the study and application of electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics to process information and transmits energy.
- The B.Tech Electrical Engineering course mainly focuses on electrical elements and devices which are used to generate electricity from different methods such as Windmills, Nuclear power plants.
- In each semester the candidate will study the different subjects that teach analytical, technical and design skills. B.Tech Electrical engineering helps students to understand various applications of electricity and electronics.
- Now-a-days most of the devices that are used are electricity-based and electricity is getting more popular day by day because it is eco-friendly that is why everything is now replaced by electricity such as electric bikes and electric cars hence it expands opportunities for electrical engineers.
- Electrical become a daily part of our life. This helps to gain knowledge in the power system and computer systems and the market for electrical goods is increasing day by day, hence there are good career scopes for electrical engineers
- Advancement in technology and the introduction of Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Industry 4.0 has further expanded the opportunities.
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering course provides a basic understanding of engineering concepts and a deeper understanding of Electrical engineering and its applications.
The Electrical Engineering industries have grown rapidly in the last few decades. The Electrical Engineering professionals have a very good future. They have numerous opportunities to build their future.
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering students may acquire prestigious jobs in the various Electrical Engineering sectors. Few of the popular sectors for the B.Tech Electrical Engineering students are the energy sector, oil and petroleum sector, power generation sector, engineering consultancy, pharmaceutical sector.
- The candidates may go for higher studies. A lot of engineering students opt for an M.Tech or an MBA after they complete their B.Tech course. This is especially meant for those students who wish to remain in the academic field and carry out research activities.
- The B.Tech Electrical Engineering students can look for jobs in the government and private companies. They may directly apply for jobs in the private companies after completion of the course. For jobs in government offices, they need to appear for additional examinations like IES or UPSC.
- Some of the most popular job profiles for B.Tech Electrical Engineers are Senior Electrical Manager, Lecturer, Professor, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer and many more.
Engineering students always have very good career opportunities in life. Electrical Engineering, being a core engineering discipline, has a lot of career paths to opt for. Some of the most popular options are:
- They may either study M.Tech in Electrical Engineering or go for an MBA in a field of their choice.
- Jobs are also available for the students in various power generation and transmission companies. Some popular companies where they can go looking for jobs are Siemens, Samsung, HCL, TCS, LG, Luminous, Godrej, Schneider, Jindal (steel & power ) etc.
- The students may also opt for government jobs. If they wish to get a job in their field of study, they will have to sit for the IES examination.
The Electrical Engineering program is dedicated to producing engineers who:
- Contribute to engineering practice, advance engineering knowledge, and contribute to the good of society
- Advance their education in engineering or other professions
- Take a leadership role in engineering and society.
The primary responsibilities of an electrical engineer are to create, design, test, and observe the electrical components of a project. This is a vast field, and projects within this field can vary from manufacturing products to designing power grids. Due to its vast field, the responsibilities can vary from position to position.
The key responsibilities of an electrical engineer are as follows:
- Fixing and troubleshooting electronic devices.
- Conducting the functionality tests.
- Analyzing current trends and information.
- Developing manufacturing processes for building and assembling electrical components etc.
The main task of an electrical engineer is to take care of the components of the electrical system. To prevent and troubleshoot such failures, a skilled electrical engineer must do the following things:
- Analyze data to get top trends.
- Communicate clearly with supervisors and clients to get the decision efficiently.
- Keep up to date on emerging trends within the industry.
- Adhere to strict safety codes.
- Work in tandem with supervisors and management.
Lamrin Tech Skills University (LTSU) Punjab.
Yes, it is approved and globally recognized. Lamrin Tech Skills University (LTSU) is included in the List of University under section 2(f) of the UGC act 1956.
B.Tech. EE is offered with specialization and B.Tech. EE is designed as per the UGC framework and comprises of all core subjects and in addition special subjects are incorporated for specialization.
- E-Vehicle Design 4 Years
Teaching staff is as per UGC norms.
Curriculum is framed keeping UGC framework guidelines. The applied courseware is designed exclusively by the industry experts and inputs from Industries from all over the world, keeping the core engineering subject in consideration in which about 40% of content focusing on fundamental and 60% on applied knowledge, in addition eight subjects per specialization will be taught in first six semesters.
Yes, we organize various activities like Poster presentation, Quizzes, Debates, Short- project, coding competition, industrial & education visits, expert lectures and many more extension activities.
Curriculum is prepared by Academic expert as per industry standards and keeping UGC guidelines. The course will be reviewed and adjusted at periodic intervals.
Efficient Placement cell is available, but we believe that the students, after undergoing rigorous academics process will be hired by reputed organizations in the pre-final year on performance base. Recruiters will be invited to visit from first year onwards during various competitions, expert lectures, and panel discussions. Students will be competing in regional, national & international competitions.
A minimum of 40 credits per year, and a minimum total 160 credits as per UGC framework. However, credits offered will be over and above as per UGC guidelines.
Eligibility & Admission Process
Unique program for meritorious students having minimum 60% marks throughout in X, XI, and XII (Non-Medical) are eligible.
Yes, However, the university admits students on merit basis and the right to give admission to meritorious students as per laid down criteria.
Fee & Loan Facility
Fee is very competitive as per the course structure and facilities offered. If student want to avail Air conditioned, attached washroom facility with modern infrastructure then student will have to pay extra charges. For details please contact us.
Students have to bear such expenses apart from academic fee such of registration charges & examination fee per semester, etc..
Yes, students can avail them as per the eligibility norms. LTSU will help the students for the same and on receipt of scholarship amount student have to pay back to NSDC against skill loan, if taken.
Separate hostels are available for boys & girls, with guarded entrance and well trained wardens are deputed. Hostel entrance is under CCTV surveillance 24×7.
All facilities are available such as ambulance and medical facility (24*7), transport, ATM, Wellness Centers, Wi-Fi campus, Tuck shops, Sports, Food courts, power back up, Gym, indoor games etc. are available.
University has separate department which take care of housekeeping and maintenance and periodic checking and auditing of it is done. v
ERP system is in place, which record all credential of students such as attendance, assessment etc. Monthly feedback will be shared with parents. Parent Teacher association is formed and Parent-Teachers meet is organized once a semester. Parents are invited during various events organized in the campus.
Yes, we have fully functional counseling and grievance cell.
LTSU is Ragging free campus, still anti-ragging committee & squad is constituted with well defined guidelines to check any menace.
Double/Triple occupancy. Double occupancy with attached washrooms offered on-demand (with additional charges).
All Activities related to Curricular, Co-curricular activities as per the academic calendar of the university like athletic, cultural, talent hunt, extempore, poster presentation, quizzes, debates, short- project, coding competition, industrial & education visits, expert lectures and many more extension activities.
University has a separate department for student welfare.
6 days per week.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.